"Produce Spotlight" at Area Markets
GardenShare and Cornell Cooperative Extension of St. Lawrence County will be providing information to shoppers at all area farmers' markets. Handouts will include shopping, storage and preparation tips, along with nutritional facts and a few easy to follow recipes.
• Ogdensburg: Aug 7th (cucumber and tomato)
• Norwood: Aug 11th (cucumber and tomato)
• Gouverneur: Aug 14th (cucumber and tomato)
• Canton: Aug 15th (cucumber) and Aug 29th (tomato)
• Potsdam: Aug 16th (cucumber) and Aug 23rd (tomato)
• Massena: Aug 21st (cucumber and tomato)
• Dekalb: Aug 27th (cucumber and tomato)
September 21, 2014
People's Climate March in New York City. Carpooling and bus options. Details to follow.
September 22, 2014
"Fed Up" Cinema 10 film showing
7:15 pm, Roxy Theater, 20 Main St., Potsdam
Hunger Action Month is when our nationwide network of food banks unites to urge individuals to take action against food insecurity in their communities. To help raise awareness of some of the troubling aspects of our food system, come watch this new documentary from Katie Couric. Panel discussion to follow!