GardenShare is a proud participant in the North Country local food community. To promote a local food system that ensures food security for all in our region, it is vital that county residents understand issues of hunger, food security, and food justice that face many of our neighbors and how to address them.
We work to increase public awareness by collecting and sharing relevant news and information with partners, supporters, and the public. We do this by:
- Producing and distributing an annual print Local Food Guide and maintaining an online version that include farmers markets, farm stands, u-pick orchards, restaurants, grocers, and other outlets that offer food raised in St. Lawrence County.
- Sending monthly electronic newsletters containing news and information related to GardenShare’s work and food justice issues in our region and beyond.
- Providing updates via social media about GardenShare activities and events as well as important food security news and information.
- Participating in local events with information and education materials to share.
- Collaborating with community partners to ensure that essential food security information is shared with their constituents and clients.
To be added to the Local Food Guide or newsletter mailing lists, or to learn more about tabling opportunities and the work of the Outreach and Education Committee, contact the GardenShare office.